SITE SEARCH

Custom Search

Res

Monday, May 5, 2008

Admissions at IIMs still provisional for OBCs

Creamy layer' causes confusion.

The long wait for candidates aspiring to enter the premier Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) may have ended on May 1 with the institutes releasing the final admission list, but the admission process is far from over.

Such is the chaos caused by the ‘creamy layer' clause that some of the IIMs are looking at organising a fresh round of interviews to create a larger pool of Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates from the non-creamy layer background.

While most of the IIMs had interviewed sufficient number of OBC candidates around February, the Supreme Court ruling about not including the ‘creamy layer' has meant that admission for OBC candidates is still ‘provisional'. OBC students who have made the cut to the final admission list will now have to produce a certificate confirming their OBC status by May 19.

1 comment:

Srinu Kavi said...

Well I got a letter today from IIMB that I may be considered for admission. I have been asked to send a confirmation mail.I have sent a mail stating that i do belong to Non-creamy layer(which I am).so can someone kindly help me wat could be be the next procedure,when will they call me for further process???? Wat documents do i need to get ready????plz someone help.